20121208

IRL EXP: Challenge Declined

Hmmm. I really want to explore something serious, but now I feel like I should insert funny meme-like sayings. (Not sure if I should be serious, or be funny.) Oops, too late!

The other night, I was playing Borderlands 1. Internet was just put onto the PS3, but security is so tight that the PSN store freezes. No biggie, let's see if online play works. Huh, no online games, but I can start one. (Forever Alone) Let's be a Berserker! Level 1, out the door and... Hey! Someone wants to play! It's a level 69 Siren... (Bad Luck Brian) Well, sweet, but now all the monsters are insanely difficult. Wait! A level 1 Soldier joined! (Success Kid) And another 69 hunter. Eh. I'll take what I can get.

Alright, so let's start... Um, no, I don't want to duel. You're ridiculously overpowered. Let's shoot those bad guys over... Oh, they're dead already. Well, how about... Nope, they're dead now. Well, the level 1 guy is with me, at least! And off he goes, trolling into the sunset. But we need that car... Oh, hey guy! You dropped your level 69 extremely rare weapon! You dropped three of them, in fact. Didn't you want them? Oh, you want me to have them? But that would break the game for me... (Socially Awkward Penguin) Okay, I guess.

Well, it's been fun, watching all of you one-shot everything and watching that one guy do things totally not helpful in any way. But I'm going now, since this really isn't fun anymore. I have no proficiency in my weapons as a 12 Berserker, and I gained those levels in an hour. Most of that was travel. So later! Don't call us; We'll call you. (Abandon Thread)

Normally, I wouldn't object to power-leveling. But everything is still new to me, and I want to get a handle on how everything works. So lesson learned: I will have to stay offline if I want to learn a game. Unless it's designed for online, like LoL. I'm so bad at that game, it's funny. But another story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment