20120927

Casual Gamer or Hardcore Gamer?

   I guess now is the time where I should start fleshing out my creditably as a gamer. But what constitutes as a gamer these days? There's the gamer who spends all free time on MMOs, grinding away until the dreaded level cap and such. I could be the FPS gamer, who throws bullets in weird and inventive ways to prove that I am 1337 and everyone else are n00bs. I could be the fighter gamer, who levels opponents with quick thinking and memorized movesets. Maybe the casual gamer is my speed, where I can quickly play a game when I have a free ten minutes and get criticized that I'm not a true gamer.


   Whatever. I play video games. Sometimes to the point where it's unhealthy. (I'm getting better.) I may not have street cred, but I have the general idea about what video games are and what they do for me. Frankly, that should be all that matters.


   BUT, for the sake of argument, let's say it didn't. Well, Some of my favorite video games run from Pokemon (all of the main GB ones. With the Catching and the Rivals and the Team B.B.E.G. and the Jello-pops), Final Fantasy (I stopped playing after 7. Not because I don't like the rest, but because I haven't beaten 7 yet. DON'T JUDGE ME), Legend of Mana (I like the Mana series ever since their GB roots. This game just rocks my socks. So many weapons and the story... Squee!), Kirby (Do I need a reason?), Mario and Sonic (OGs for LIFE!), Megaman (Nope, I'm gonna hold back on this one. I could make a whole post about the Blue Bomber. Next.) and Crash Bandicoot. (DON'T JUDGE ME)

   So yeah, not a lot of new generation games. But frankly, I've done Halo and Assassin's Creed and such. They're the games I enjoy now, not what I grew up with. Currently, I'm playing League of Legends.
Hey,  I know how to insert pictures now! Yay!

My Summoner name is Agars. (Fair Warning: I suck.) I like the half-hour to an hour gameplay, as it limits me from spending an entire afternoon by adding breaks here and there, like when I lose or barely win or lose REALLY badly. (Really badly? I don't know. Roll with it.) Not to mention that I have a few friends that play so I can stay in touch with them through the game. (SHOUT OUT TO MY PEEPS IN TINDER! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! KEEP IT REAL!) So yeah.


   In addition, I like to play board games and D&D. Apples to Apples, Munchkin, Magic: The Gathering (Fair Warning: Still suck) and I am always willing to try out new games to see what I enjoy. It's kinda fun. Well, yeah, I know games are suppose to be fun, but I mean that just the experience of learning a new game is fun. And I need to stop here. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment